Not Just Your Average Consultants
Our consultants are not just technical wizards who can just about hold a conversation, neither are they purely business gurus who can just about work a spreadsheet. Our consultants have both technical know-how and business experience.
This rare combination comes from years of implementing business critical systems in multiple industries and working with stakeholders across all levels within the business.
Bridging the Tech/Business Divide
Do you find there is a disconnect between your IT technical team and the business drivers and decision makers?
We can provide mediation between these two areas by making sense of the complex techy stuff and put it in to real business terms. We can also take business requirements and advise where technical input and considerations will be needed.
Are you a business focused consultancy firm looking after a project for a client that suddenly requires knowledge of software and IT systems?
You can contract our consultants to come in get up to speed quickly with the project and enrich your team with the technical skills needed to fill the gap.
Other skills and experience we can bring include:
- Business Analysis
- Solution Architecture
- Data Analysis
- Project Management
Are you wanting to embark on an IT project to solve a problem but want to be sure of its success?
Often companies can steam ahead implementing new systems and development without really stepping back and asking is this the right thing to do and is it the best way to do it? We can offer a project discovery service where we answer these questions for you.
The benefit of a project discovery piece is that a 3rd party can bring a fresh set of eyes on the issue you are trying to solve and advise what solution is going to be best for you moving forward and fits within your existing architecture. Although a lot of organisations may look at this like extra time and effort for a project, we find that it actually speeds up delivery of a project and provides a better chance of your project being successful. It does this because of the following:
- Engage Stakeholders - Allows you to involve your stakeholders early on to build their understanding and get them invested and motivated about the project
- Check Feasibility - Identify potential issues or limitations and address them before the time pressure of a project is in play. Or there is the chance you may find that the project simply is not going to work and it’s far better to do that before commencing with the work.
- Build Foundations for Design - Skims a lot of time of the design and implementation phase as you will already know what is going to work and how it should work
- Management Buy-In - Gives greater chance of management buy-in as we will be able to clearly present what the project is going to do and what benefits it will bring
- Reduce Scope Creep - Clearly defines scope of the project making it easier to plan and keep to timescales
- Accurate Estimates - Having done the research and requirements gathering you can provide more accurate estimations of work and budget more effectively
- Increased the value of the project - Project discovery often finds other issues that can be fixed as part of the project and/or identify extra benefits that you were not really considering or aware of.
- Documentation – We can comprehensively document what the project is and how to do it. If your project requires other third party IT suppliers then this document will reduce the time needed from them to scope the project. It can also be used to present the project across your business.