Our contact information is provided if you have any questions.
The DPA & GDPR
Formus Professional Software and this website comply to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018.
Data Protection Policy
This data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection and use of personal data.
Formus Pro is a data controller with regard to the personally identifiable information that is collected for the legal purposes of either legitimate interest, contractual obligation, legal obligation or consent and respects your privacy and rights as an individual.
We will only send you direct marketing only if we believe it to be appropriate or relevant to you in your professional capacity or to your business. Marketing communication is carried out under legitimate interest or where you have specifically provided consent to receive such material.
Formus Pro have identified that data collected or procured directly by Formus Pro is of a business to business nature and does not include the collection, storage, processing of special category date, sometimes referred to as sensitive personal data.
We are committed to: –
- Ensuring that we comply with the GDPR, DPA and PECR legislation, as listed below.
- Meeting our legal obligations as laid out by the GDPR, DPA and PECR.
- Ensuring data collected is used fairly and lawfully.
- Processing personal data only to meet our legitimate interests, contractual obligations or legal/statutory requirements.
- Taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate.
- Establishing appropriate retention periods for data.
- Ensuring that ‘data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised.
- Providing adequate security measures to protect personal data.
- Ensuring that data is not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
- Ensuring that a nominated staff member is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues.
- Ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection.
- Provide adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data.
- Ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance.
- Ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the company, are dealt with effectively and promptly.
- Regularly reviewing data protection procedures within the company.
For further information please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data in a number of ways.
- Via business cards
- Expo/Show data as part of contracts as exhibitors with event organisers. These would be classed as 3rd party providers.
- Through other 3rd party providers.
- Online – through our website online forms, cookies, digital networking platforms and/or through our portals
- Through referrals or personal introductions
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Information about you and your visits to FORMUSPRO.COM
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
See Ts & Cs for Further Information
Contact & Communication With Us
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in this policy. All removal and takedown requests are actioned promptly.
Change your email preferences
You have the right to update, change or cancel your marketing preferences.
Should you wish to cancel or change your marketing preferences click through an existing marketing email via “change email preferences”.
Update your Formus Pro account details
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete. This is sometimes referred to as the right to rectification.
If you are a current or past client and would like to update your account details please log into your Formus Pro account in the Formus Pro Service Portal and change your details and preferences within your profile.
Email Mailing List & Marketing Messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish.
Users can subscribe through an online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named within ‘The policy’. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and if it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Resources & Further Information
Formus Professional Software Ts&Cs
• Adverts and Sponsored Links
• Downloads & Media Files
• External Website Links & Third Parties
• Downloads & Media Files
• Your rights as a data subject
• Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
• Data Protection Act 2018
• Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
• The Guide to the PECR 2003
Third Party Providers
v.1.2 Sept 2018 Edited & customised by: GWP SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS LTD